Excellence in Governance & Strategic Plan
Excellence in Governance
The Commission’s Excellence in Governance Model includes an overarching statement of guiding leadership principles. These are positive, general principles that serve as the foundation of how the Commissioners conduct business and lead the District as the governing body. They are motivational and driving traits for how the Commissioners will engage as individuals and as a Board of Commissioners in the best interest of the District and its ratepayers.
2018 - 2023 Strategic Plan
In late 2017, the Commission, General Manager and Management Leadership Team met in several strategic planning sessions facilitated by an independent consultant. The strategic planning sessions had several outcomes:
- reaffirming the District’s Guiding Principles, Vision and Values,
- revising the District’s Mission Statement, and
- refining the Strategic Priorities.
With input from staff, the Commission and General Manager developed a Strategic Plan document, a six-year plan for the District, which incorporates the Guiding Principles and identifies the following as the District's Strategic Priorities:
- Promote Employee and Public Safety
- Maintain Systems to Provide Reliability for Our Customers
- Ensure Stable Power Rates
- Strive for a Positive Customer Experience
- Provide an Excellent Work Place Environment