Duct Sealing and Coil Cleaning Project
We are looking for up to 150 customers with qualifying manufactured and site-built homes to participate in a free duct sealing and evaporator coil cleaning project.
Leaky ducts can reduce the efficiency of your heating system. Sealing and insulating ducts can also help with common comfort problems, such as rooms that are too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter.
Franklin PUD is testing whether cleaning the evaporator coils (also known as A-coils) on furnaces and heat pumps, along with duct sealing, provides additional energy savings. Increased energy savings could mean more money in your pocket.
Single-family and manufactured homes meeting the following criteria are potentially eligible:
- Participant must be a Franklin PUD customer with central electrically heated home utilizing a forced air furnace with air-conditioning or an all-electric heat pump. Homes heated with natural gas do not qualify.
- Home must have been built prior to 2007
- Homes with most of the ductwork in a heated basement do not qualify
- Qualifying homes are selected by the participating contractor based on criteria and a visual inspection of the condition of equipment and may include pressure testing of the heating and cooling ducts.
- Homeowner/occupant must not have made significant energy efficiency improvements in the past 24 months and has no plans to make energy efficiency upgrades in the next 12 months.
- Franklin PUD will use your energy use data for two years prior and one year after the coil cleaning has been done.
- Your energy use history needs to have been relatively level for the previous two years.
- Number of occupants in the home has not changed in previous two years or expected to change in the following 12 months.
If you are interested in participating in this project and to see if you qualify, please contact us:
Phone: Energy Services Department, 509-546-5967
We have teamed up with the following contractor(s) for this project:
If you are a contractor and interested in qualifying to provide services for this project, please contact Franklin PUD at email@example.com or call 509-546-5946.