Duct Sealing and Coil Cleaning Project
We are looking for up to 250 customers with qualifying manufactured and site-built homes to participate in a free duct sealing and evaporator coil cleaning project.
Leaky ducts can reduce the efficiency of your heating system by 20 percent or more. Sealing and insulating ducts can also help with common comfort problems, such as rooms that are too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter.
Franklin PUD is testing whether cleaning the evaporator coils (also known as A-coils) on furnaces and heat pumps, along with duct sealing, provides additional energy savings. Increased energy savings could mean more money in your pocket.
Single family and manufactured homes meeting the following criteria are potentially eligible:
- Participants must be a Franklin PUD customer with central electrically heated home utilizing a forced air furnace with air-conditioning or an all-electric heat pump.
- Qualifying homes are selected by the participating contractor based on a visual inspection of the condition of equipment and may include pressure testing of the heating and cooling ducts.
- Homeowner/occupant must not have made significant energy efficiency improvements in the past 24 months and has no plans to make energy efficiency upgrades in the next 12 months. Homes that have had duct sealing done under a Franklin PUD program may still be deemed eligible to participate. The contractor will make this determination.
- Franklin PUD will be using your energy use data for two years prior and one year after the study period to evaluate this study program.
- Your energy use history needs to have been relatively level for the previous two years.
- Number of occupants in the home has not changed in previous two years or expected to change in the following 12 months
- Major energy efficiency improvements have not been made in previous two years
If you are interested in participating in this project and to see if you qualify, please contact us:
Phone: Todd Blackman, 509-546-5946
We have teamed up with the following contractor(s) for this project:
If you are a contractor and interested in qualifying to provide services for this project, please contact Franklin PUD at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 509-546-5946.