The following are general requirements only, we encourage you to consult with Engineering or the Meter Shop before you purchase and install your meter equipment.
Grounds: Bond all meter sockets and CT enclosures to your ground in accordance with the National Electrical Code.
Meter Location: Check with Engineering before equipment is installed.
Meters shall be:
- Front (roadside) or side exterior wall of the building within 4’ of the front of the building.
- Accessible to PUD personnel on a 24-hour basis.
- Height at 5 ft - 6 ft above finished grade.
- In developments with existing facilities along a rear lot line, verify the meter location with Engineering.
- Other locations will be at the discretion of Franklin PUD.
Non-Residential Underground Services: If underground conductor is customer-owned, you make up service conductor connections in CT can. The PUD will mount CT’s and make meter connections.
Single Family Residential Underground Services: The underground service conductor is owned and installed by the PUD. The PUD provides service connections and CT installation in the enclosure.