Franklin PUD utilizes SmartHub, a web and mobile app, for online account management. SmartHub allows our customers to see all their account information in one place - anytime, anywhere.
For more information:
What is SmartHub?
Smart Account Management: SmartHub is a web and mobile app that allows you to take control of all aspects of your utility account. Get your bill and our Hotline newsletter delivered via email as soon as it is available, access your account 24/7,review your usage and payment history, pay your bill, and contact us with service issues quickly and easily.
Smart Communications: SmartHub goes beyond bill payments and usage tracking - it's also a powerful communication tool. Report service interruptions and ask questions about your account on the go. Stay up to date on service work, news, and more all in the palm of your hand or online.
Smart for the Environment: Going paperless with SmartHub is easy. With convenient access to your information, it's never been easier to do your part to save the environment.
Smart Payments: With SmartHub, you'll be notified when your bill is due and you can pay securely online or in the app - anytime, anywhere. Review your payment history and set up autopay. Just set up your secure preferred payment method and let account management go into auto pilot.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How do I sign up? Go to www.franklinpud.com and go to the SmartHub Login window (located on the right side of the page). Simply click on the "New User" link to register for an account and follow the step-by-step instructions. After you've signed up for the first time, you will use the same email address and password to login to SmartHub.
- How do I get the app? The SmartHub app is available in the App Store and Google Play for Apple and Android devices. Just search "SmartHub" or scan the QR code todownload the app. Once the app has downloaded, enter Franklin PUD as your service provider. Then login to your account as usual to access all of your account information.
- Is the app secure? Yes! All critical information is encrypted in every transaction and no personal information is stored on your mobile device. However, if you choose to store your login information, any person who has access to your mobile device can access your account, so please be aware of this.
- I have multiple accounts - can I see them all and make payments? Yes! On the website or the app, you can view all of your accounts along with the amounts due for each account. You can pay the total amount owed on all accounts or make partial payments as well as view usage and payment history.
Understanding Your Utility Bill
- Account Summary: An overview of your bill. The statement date, account number, and total amount due at the time the statement was printed.
- Usage Summary: This section has information specific to your account and includes your meter number, service dates, current reading, previous reading, and kWh usage. The electricity you use is measured and billed in kilowatt hours (kWh). Metering equipment for the account determines the meter multiplier.
- kWh Usage Chart: This chart shows your usage history by month for a year. This lets you compare your current usage to your usage one year ago.
- Details of Current Charges: This section details current charges for your account including energy (kWh) charge, basic charge, city utility tax (if applicable) and other miscellaneous charges.
- Remittance Stub: Detach and return this stub when sending your payment via mail or when making your payment at a Western Union pay station.