Help During COVID-19



We understand that our customers may face financial hardships as a result of COVID-19. We offer our customers the option to make payment arrangements. Please reach out to our Credit Department (which is part of Customer Service) and they can help you come up with a payment plan that will help you to get back on track. Call 509-547-5591 or 800-638-7701 - press 1 for Customer Service - then 4 for the Credit Department.

UTILITY ASSISTANCE  These organizations may be able to provide assistance in paying your electric bill.

Rental and Utility Assistance is available through Benton County Department of Human Services for qualifying renters who have been impacted by COVID-19 and fallen behind on their utilities.

Funds are available now, through September 30, 2022 or until funding is exhausted.

To apply for assistance:

Applications will be processed on a first come, first served basis. They will be calling you to finish your application process and determine your eligibility.
Funds will take approximately 4 weeks after your application is approved to reach Franklin PUD.

For questions or to follow up on your application, please call:
Benton County Department of Human Services

Washington 2-1-1 – Washington 2-1-1 has the latest information about assistance that may be available to you; anything from diapers, transportation, food and shelter. You can call 211 from any phone and it will connect you with a representative with information about our region. You can also go to their website at where you can find valuable links, perform searches, or use the chatbot to ask questions online. For utility assistance go to the home page of their website and locate the Financial icon and click on Utility Assistance.

Benton Franklin Community Action Connections (CAC) – CAC has been a longtime partner in our community. They are a private non-profit social service agency providing a variety of services to low-income individuals and families throughout Benton and Franklin Counties. They help our customers find energy assistance through the LIHEAP program and also facilitate our Helping Hands fund. If you wondering if you qualify for energy assistance, please visit their website and click on utility assistance located in the menu on the right side of the home page. You may also call them at 509-545-4042 and leave a message to receive a call back.

Department of Social and Health Services - Washington State Department of Social and Health Services offers emergency programs. These programs can include emergency funds to help cover basic needs such as food, housing, assistance in paying utility bills. Reach out to a case worker as they may have other programs that are better suited for your needs. 

St.Vincent de Paul - Pasco - St. Vincent de Paul may be able to provide $50 towards electric or water bill once in a 24 month period. Call them at 509-544-9315.

Working Washington Small Business Grants - If you own a small business - you may look into applying for a grant to help your business. Money can be used toward the payment of utilities. See guidelines and how to apply here.

American Patriot Service Corp - American Patriot Service Corp. is a Public Charity established to serve our war-time military Veterans and their families. They are trained and are well qualified to help families as they care for their Veteran and Surviving Spouse family members who may be entitled to health care and/or pension benefits from the department of Veterans Affairs (VA).


Budget Payment Plan - If your account is up to date, you may consider taking part in our Budget Payment Plan. The Budget Payment Plan averages your monthly bills so you pay the same amount each month. Go to our Budget Payment Plan page for more information on how this plan works.

Helping Hands Program - Franklin PUD offers a Helping Hands program to help customers in need pay their electric bill. CAC facilitates this program for us - for more information visit their website listed above.



  • Turning off the lights every time you exit a room is an easy way to rack up some energy savings.
  • Switching from traditional or incandescent lighting to LED lighting can save you up to $50 a year. Traditional lighting waste 95% of the energy they use giving off heat and only 5% towards light produced.
  • During the day, make the most of natural lighting by opening curtains and blinds. (Just during this time of year when we have mild weather. When it starts getting hot, you’ll want to keep them closed.)


  • Cutting shower time by a couple minutes and taking cooler showers could save at least $30 a year.
  • Another good way to ensure some savings is by Installing low flow shower heads.

Unplug Unused Electronics

  • Standby power can account for 10% of an average household’s electricity use.
  • Unplugging unused electronics is any easy way to save on your electric bill.

Use Smart Power Strips

  • Installing a smart power strip in your home is a quick and easy way to save money on electricity, as well as making your household a little more energy efficient. Using smart strip surge protectors will keep your appliances from using energy while turned off, but still plugged in. This will help you eliminate phantom loads.

Install a Programmable Thermostat - We have a rebate for this!

  • Utilizing a programmable or smart thermostat can help electricity costs. Lowering your thermostat by one degree can save you up to 3% on your monthly usage.


  • Run full loads and cut back one load per week. Switching from hot water to cold water is also an excellent way to save.
  • Also remember to clean the lint trap located inside your dryer, build-up can make your dryer run much longer to dry clothes, causing it to be less efficient.


  • If you can’t ditch your dishwasher, and hand washing dishes is not an option, you can maximize energy savings by turning off the heat dry selection on your dishwasher.


610 KONA News Radio
KNDU - NBC Right Now
LA VOZ Hispanic News

DOWNTOWN PASCO DEVELOPMENT AUTORITY - Follow this link to the DPDA Facebook page for COVID-19 Resources

COVID-19 Resources

Coronavirus Resources Page

Novel Coronavirus Outbreak 2020