General Meter Requirements Document
The following are general requirements only, we encourage customers to consult with Engineering or the Meter Shop before you purchase and install your meter equipment.
Grounds: Bond all meter sockets and CT enclosures to customer ground in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC).
Meter Location: Check with Engineering before equipment is installed. Meters shall be:
- Front (roadside) or side exterior wall of the building within 4’ of the front of the building.
- Accessible to FPUD personnel on a 24-hour basis.
- Height to center of meter shall be at or between 4’6” and 5’6” above construction and final grade.
- In developments with existing facilities along a rear lot line, verify the meter location with Engineering.
- Other locations will be at the discretion of FPUD. Permission needs to be in writing.
Non-Residential Underground Services: If underground conductor is customer-owned, customer or customer representative makes up service conductor connections in CT can. FPUD will mount CT’s and make meter connections.
Single Family Residential Underground Services: The underground service conductor is owned and installed by FPUD. For installations above 400 A, FPUD provides service connections and CT installation in the enclosure.