Subdivision & Plat Requirements
We look forward to working with you on your new development. To get started, please call our Engineering Department at 509-547-0556 or 800-638-7701 to talk to an Engineer about the process.
In order to get started, you will need to provide Franklin PUD with the following information:
- City/County Jurisdiction
- Zoning Designation
- Copy of property deed or contract purchase agreement.
- Name, Address and Phone Number of all property owners and developers.
- Copy of plat drawing showing phases of development where applicable.
- Copy of property segregation or boundary adjustment documents (for older plats).
- Proposed construction schedule including water/sewer installation, utility easement grading, power conduit system installation and paving schedules.
- Location of initial power connections with preferred connection schedule.
- Power requirements for non-residential use such as sewer lift station, commercial structure, signage, etc.
- Approved street light system design drawing. We will provide power source locations when our engineering is completed.
When all the required information is received, we will begin our preliminary engineering process and then schedule an appointment with you. At that appointment, we will be able to discuss specific project requirements.
*Distribution planning for large developments typically takes several weeks. Delays in providing the required information may slow work on your project.
- All trench, conduit, bedding, and backfill.
- Vaults and vault installation for primary and secondary conductors.
- Grade stakes for vaults.
- Easements for primary lines and transformer(s).
- Cash payment of Aid to Construction fees.
- Additional items may be added when final loads are established and Franklin PUD engineering is finalized.
- When preliminary engineering is complete, we will provide an estimate for Aid-to-Construction fees.
- Customer fees must be paid before Franklin PUD crews are scheduled.
- Transformers and other material may need to be ordered for your project. Lead times can be several weeks to several months. Delivery times can vary significantly. Providing the necessary information early in your planning process, allows us to order required material sooner.